I’ve always been baffled about why every time my buddy, Em, goes back to San Francisco (aka MY HOMETOWN), she always sticks around North Beach. Now, I have nothing against North Beach at all. I actually love that neighborhood… with the drunken dive bars and Italian restaurants and all the shenanigans. I dig how festive it always is in that area, but THERE’S SO MUCH MORE TO SF!
She told me she was heading to visit her best friend and extended the invite to me. Here I am thinking… “Umm, JACKPOT! Time to break her out of this North Beach routine!” Now that I look back at it, I don’t know if that was such a good idea. She ended up getting this gnarly blister on her foot. (For the record, her bff and I did give the disclaimer that there was going to be quite a bit of walking so that puts us in the clear… haha) And no, I am not going to post a picture of the blister…
All in all, wonderful weekend with the most beautiful weather I could’ve asked for, met some new people, definitely had some coffee, and totally had a
rachet pretty good time.
PlayMe: When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bay. Ooo I wanna be there in my city!
See, I can never hate on North Beach!
I’m totally going to try and tackle you this weekend. I think I have enough coffee beans to spare for a couple experiment cups. (For those who don’t know, this is Philz Iced Mint Mojito)
I hope to catch you at night some day…
Made a stop off to Ike’s Sandwiches for a kryptonite! I superman’d that hoe…
Kicked it at Dolores Park for a good part of the afternoon. How dare I ask for anything else!
That’s pretty much it as far as what I caught with my SLR. It’s the same vicious cycle. Every time I come home, I never wanna leave. Then I leave and get sad. Then I get used to being down here in SoCal. Then I get excited to go home. Then I’m happy when I’m home. Then I leave and get sad.
Anyways, bonus iPhone roll!
- Finally got the Brian Wilson Virgin plane back to SF! “You damn right I like the life I live!” – Biggie
- MIAHAGT (Mike In Airport Having A Great Time)
- /cue music/ who’s that giiiirlll?…… IT’S JESS!
- Made a very unexpected turn to Li Po in Chinatown to try out those Mai Tais that Mr. Bourdain had.
- Yes, they’re very dangerous.
- No yacking for me that night! But I did need to use this sink to balance and take a #1.
- Hole in the wall vietnamese food that opens til 4am! BYAHHH! Totally random fact about that place… my old childhood friend’s family used to own that spot.
- That’s the face I gave every time she told me she only kicked it in North Beach.
- Mimosas (without the OJ) at Waterbar!
- Shoot it!
- Moustache Crew
- I ❤ you Dolores Park!
That pretty much covers it.