I was browsing Facebook one random day (very rare occasion now a days for me) about a month back and came across an old friend from whom I haven’t seen since middle school. That’s right, middle school! I contacted her to say hello and basically long story short, I booked my redeye flight to Miami, FL and had yet, another adventure… Hi Mary!!!!
PlayMe: Oh, I love it and I hate it. She’s my favoriteee… Again!
Arrived in Miami at 5:55am to be exact on Saturday morning. Because it was going to be BBW, Mary suggested that I had to see South Beach since I was here. Apparently this place gets flooded with people on a daily. It almost felt like time stood still just for a second for me to absorb it all… or could be the lack of sleep. You can be the judge, but I’m going to go with the time standing still bit.
After lunch, I was toured around the city… sorta. But moarrrrr beach!!
Signature hotdog from La Moon. This thing is massively epic and sent me straight to food coma. There wasn’t even a grace period of gradual inclination of the side effect. On a separate note though, this photo says “Don’t sink my Battleship!” (Yes, I did watch the movie Battleship while I was here.)
Key Lime Effing Pie! Another must have while I was here. I never really took notice that this was a Florida thing until we were walking through the market and Mary was like “Yup! Gotta have one of these…”
I really should stop being so lazy to bring my camera around more. I swear my phone gets the most love for photos… That needs to change. OK OK next trip!
***Bonus iPhone Roll***
- Miami arrival before 6am which means 3am west coast time
- Dead quiet South Beach
- I was told the water was warm… I never stuck my foot in. Dang it!!
- Balcony view for 3 days
- So we learned that in order to be fancy, when you pour water, it can only fill the bottom half of your cup hahaha
- My iPhone takes better photos than my regular camera. Sadface.
- I keep forgetting what this beach was called…
- Obey bar in the Art District
- Breakdance session
- Cinebistro = dinner in a movie. Literally.
- Movie dinner. Yea, it’s a lot fancier than I thought it was going to be.
- My pasta dinner at the movies watching Battleship hahaha It was entertaining.
- Poor girl wasn’t feeling well. Health first!! I still find it ironic that she was at the doctors while she’s becoming one. To me, that’s like watching a mechanic getting his oil changed by another mechanic.
- Cuban food is so effing good!
- We decided to chillout for the rest of the night since Mary wasn’t feeling well and called it a movie night… We also spent $30 on chocolate. Yes, really…
- Black pepper seared salmon sandwich with avocado
- Since I’m in Miami, might as well catch a Heats game…
- People in Miami have so much money!!
- Met some new friends! Waddup!
- Miami beach!
- Miami Heats stadium
- Ain’t that just like D Wade!!
- Playoff game, here we go!
- NBA first-timers! What a nice way to attend my first basketball game! Even though the Celtics lost… Whatever, I’m over it.
- NBA Playoff: Miami Heats vs. Boston Celtics
- A view of the nightscape from Mary’s apartment. This place is ballin, no joke.
- I have a strange hankering for key lime pie right now…
- Got another one for my traveling pin collection thanks to Mary!
- What’s a epic trip without some polaroids to seal it all in. Thanks again for everything and I hope to see you soon!
- Here we go… the trip back home.
I guess that’s all the photos I have. It’s definitely been a memorable trip. After all these years, it’s good to know that she’s still nice as ever!!
That’s all for now.
Mike D. Out!